Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, My Love



Today is Phil's birthday. We celebrated yesterday, because today he is driving to Germany to take care of some business at the big US base there. By celebrated I mean, I made a cake and we all sang "Happy Birthday" together to him. Phil isn't a big birthday person. He doesn't need or request a big hoopla to be made over him (I on the other hand, demand attention, gifts, dinners out...for a week!)

Which is why I love him so. To say that I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the past six months is like describing a mouth full of chocolate, smarties, and lollipops as sweet....if you ate all those candies together it would be sickeningly sweet...and I've been sickeningly emotional. Up and down...sometimes happy, but mostly stressed out and edgy...and he is solid and calm through it all.

So as he turns twenty-nine today, you should know, he is mature beyond his years. And he is patient and loving far beyond the limits of most normal husbands.

The fact that I've known him since he was twelve makes me think the image of him in my mind will ALWAYS remain youthful, no matter what birthday we're celebrating--but that's probably too poetic. The reality is, people always ask how old he is and are stunned by the answer...he just looks so young and handsome!

Happy birthday, Phil. I love you tons--and so does Zachary despite his sour faces in these pictures. I don't what his problem was!

1 comment: