Monday, November 15, 2010

Too Busy Having Fun

I don't know where the last three weeks have gone...oh, wait, yeah I do...

1. Unexpected and exciting visit from my husband. Gone for two and half weeks, home for ten days because of a broken ship--excellent surprise!

2. Sarah-and-kids trip to Naples to visit our very good friends. Five days of familiar, comfortable, friendship and laughs. On the American base in Naples the kids were able to go trick or treating, go to ballet class and eat fruit snacks. I took advantage of the Italian cappuccino, and the designer sunglasses on sale at the NEX.


3. A visit from my Mom. Ten action-packed days which included many fabulous lunches enjoyed on sunny terraces with a pichet of rose. A fifty kilometer bike ride on back roads through the rolling vineyards of Provence. A morning of kayaking (and swimming) on the Mediterranean. A day trip to Nice. And wine tastings at two fantastic chateaus.


And now I find myself realizing that all the excitement is over for awhile. Phil left again for his deployment while we were having our fun time in Italy. Coming home, we were all easily distracted by my Mom's visit. But now we have to make it to Christmas time before our next visitors arrive. I guess it's time to get back to our school-routines, learning French, and refreshing my email every two minutes. After all our recent adventures, I think it's going to be a long five weeks!

2 comments:

  1. love reading your posts....i am dreaming of being in the south of france next summer after i finish my masters degree in french =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventures make the time go faster! Will you all be celebrating Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete