Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sweetness

Lily loves to drink milk. But the only way we can get Zachary to drink milk is by making it chocolate milk. (A solution Phil thought of during our last trip to an American commissary in Italy where we bought our very own bottle of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup--I have no idea what the French equivalent is, but I should probably find out because this bottle is going fast).

And now that Zachary's super-duper-sweet-tooth has become accustomed to the extra sugar in his milk, he's been asking to up-the-ante lately.

He gathered all of this himself and brought it to me...(not in the picture, but on the ground in front of him...his plastic, blue cup)

"Mom, can you make my orange juice a little sweeter, please?"


For the sake of his insulin levels, my answer was, "no, buddy."

I cannot tell you how many times I've heard French people describe Zack as, "très sage". Smart. But my first adjective for Zachary will always be--sweet. Because when he snuggles me, it's as delicious and satisfying and over-the-top as a cup of chocolate orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment