Friday, November 20, 2009

Comfort Food...













for the children. Ok, ok, those of you who know me well, know it was just as much for me as for them. But anyway, some days you just a little good old American food (with preservatives and saturated fat, you know)!


Does it taste the same? Yep, pretty much, except they don't salt their fries. And you have to beg for ketchup. But you do get a "dessert" yogurt included in the price of the $8 (US Dollar) HappyMeal. The French are obsessed with dessert. There are more ice cream selections at the McDonald's here than there are at a Dairy Queen.


I think the French call it McDoo (that's probably not how they spell it but thats how its pronounced). And they can make fun of it all they want, but every time I've been there (and I've been there a lot because it used to be the place we'd go for free Wi-Fi) the line is more than six people deep...all of them speaking French!

Just as advertised...a very Happy Meal was had by all!

2 comments:

  1. Zack's face says it all. God bless American french fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! I can't imagine how much I would need a trip to McD's just to feel closer to home...

    ReplyDelete