Sunday, October 10, 2010

Zachary's Birthday Party

Zachary turned two today. I will post a "tribute to Zachary" later this week. But tonight I will share some pictures from a shared-birthday-party-with-Irish-friends.

My friend hosted and really did ALL the work. I lazily, (but appreciatively) band-wagoned Zachary's birthday into her boys' party (her boys both have birthdays this month). Zachary is two, he didn't care. And she was very generous, and didn't seem to mind either.

My friend made "fairy cakes"--I love Irish people--doesn't that sound soooo much cuter than "cup cakes?" The kids were able to decorate them themselves.

Zachary and the Irish birthday boys.

Really, can a kid look any more Irish than this sweet boy?

This picture makes me laugh. Lily, always the big sister, directing Zachary's attention.

There was lots of playing and fighting over cars and trucks. This boy is also turning 2--and it's not the angle of my camera...he is almost an entire head taller than Zachary. He is enormous! He would point at Zachary and say, "baby". After saying "baby" he would punch him from behind, pop him on the head, and do everything he could to make Zack fall over. I was a little disappointed Zack kept taking it from him. But I couldn't help but laugh...this kid's a giant. Zack knew he didn't have a chance.

How do you know when you've had a fun, successful birthday party for a two year old? When your two year old looks like this five minutes after driving away.
Happy birthday, little buddy.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Zacky!! I'm sorry I wasn't there to sing to you and give you big hugs. You are such a special boy and so handsome. We love you and can't wait to see you in a few months! xoxo Aunt Rachel and Fam

    ReplyDelete