Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Morning on the Med


My boat, and his boat. So close yet so, so, so far away
.

Today I had my third kayaking class (and I'm absolutely in love with it). When I showed up this morning Phil's ship was right in front of me moving through the port. Too bad for me it was moving away from the port (they came back just for a couple of minutes to move personnel around). By the time I got myself situated in the kayak the huge ship was a little speck on the horizon. There went my vision of paddling my little arms off, jumping onto the ship, and making a scene...

...but it's hard to stay sad when the rest of two hours in the kayak was spent enjoying coastline that looks like this.

More kayaking pictures to come. Today the sea was a little rough. And I was too embarrassed to ask someone to take a picture of me in my wetsuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment